From Bob’s Kitchen
Grilled Romaine Salad
- Start by washing and preparing the Romaine carefully. Slice 1”-2” off the tops and carefully cut approximately 1/8 “off the base; be sure to leave a portion of the stalk to keep the head together.
- Cut through the center of the stalk to split the head into halves.
- Pull away any leafy portions that are coming off and place halves on a cookie sheet.
- Brush a liberal amount of olive oil on the inside of the cut half. Sprinkle on the seasoning salt.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- Place the lettuce halves onto grill with the cut side down. Keep a close watch, check for grill marks across the romaine and remove them back to the cookie sheet.
- Start building the rest of the ingredients onto the halves. Begin with drizzling tbsp. of the balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp. of the warm bacon grease onto the halves.
- Sprinkle on the feta cheese, bacon bits and pepper; add the blue cheese dressing and the tomato halves then finish with the shredded carrots.
- Serve on a separate salad plate or alongside a steak. Serves 6 people.
- 3 heads of Romaine lettuce
- Olive oil
- Seasoning salt 1 tbsp.
- Balsamic vinegar 1 tbsp.
- Bacon grease
- Feta cheese
- Bacon bits
- Blue cheese dressing
- Tomato halves
- Carrots (shredded)
For more of Fancy Mountain Man Bob’s Recipes click here to purchase his cookbook: Fancy Mountain Man CookBook